Doing things right
Everything we design and build will always work, even as technologies inevitably change. Everyone on the internet will always be able to find, access, and use our websites.
This isn’t a pledge or a promise. It’s just the way we work: we follow web standards and believe in progressive enhancement. We create a solid foundation and then enhance the experience. Keeping code clean and simple reduces maintenance and makes it easy for others to build on it.
This is important to us because it lets us meaningfully contribute to something we love: a free, open, and accessible web.
The bottom line is that it’s good for your bottom line—saving you time and money now and over the long life of your business.
Good WorkTen principles that guide us every day
Best PracticesKeeping our work efficient and effective
Style GuideBeing consistent builds trust
- MDN Web Docs, from Mozilla
- The Web and Web Standards, from Mozilla
- Long Live the Web, by Tim Berners-Lee
- Resilient Web Design, by Jeremy Keith
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), from W3C
- Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), from W3C
- Web Accessibility in Mind (WebAIM)
- Progressive Enhancement, from Mozilla
- Understanding Progressive Enhancement, by Aaron Gustafson
Responsive web design
- Responsive Web Design, by Ethan Marcotte
Let’s keep the web free, open, and accessible to all.
Get in touch
We love hearing from others who are also excited about things like web standards and progressive enhancement.
Send us a message and let us know how to get back to you.